Australian 457 Visa for Skilled Workers

Australian Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

About the 457 visa
The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to 4 years.

You must be sponsored by an approved business and you have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business.. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application.

What this visa lets you do
This visa allows you to:
- work in Australia for up to four years
- bring your family to work or study in Australia
- travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.

Before you apply
This is a sponsored visa. Before you can apply for the visa, your employer must:
- become an approved sponsor
- nominate you for a position.
- You can apply for this visa at the same time your employer lodges their applications to sponsor and nominate you.

Legislative Instruments
To maintain flexibility in the Subclass 457 visa program, certain aspects of the program are subject to change from time to time. The aspects of the program that may change are contained in what is known as a legislative instrument.

No further stay
You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a 'No further stay' condition.

Your passport
You must have a valid passport or other travel document for this visa. If you plan to get a new passport, you should do so before applying visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment